Public education is a corner-stone of any fire prevention program. Our Department values our citizens and understands that partnerships with our public is the pathway to facilitate changes in behavior. Our Fire Prevention and Fire Suppression Divisions utilize "teachable moments" as one mechanism to eduacte our citizens about the need for safety awareness.
Our public education programs take a dual track:
Public Education in the Schools:
- Fire Safety Lectures
- Career Day Visits
- Fire Apparatus "show and tell"
- Fire Safety Trailer pop-up
Public Education in the Community:
- Community Town-Hall Meetings
- Senior-citizen "meet and greet"
- Retail/ Business Community outreach
- Fire House open house (not currently being conducted due to Covid-19)