The Mount Vernon Police Department seeks individuals who can internalize our Core Values and deliver the tenants of our Mission Statement in the application of professional law enforcement services in a diverse and dynamic community. We are a community policing minded agency as we have found value in partnering with those we serve in the prevention of crime and deterrence of the criminal element. Individuals who believe they want to wear a City of Mount Vernon Police Department uniform must understand that it is more than a career; law enforcement in the City of Mount Vernon is nothing short of a path and the responsibilities associated with such are vast and challenging.
Check back frequently for updates on examination notices.
For your consideration as a potential police officer candidate:
In order to qualify to take the police examination one must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 years of age
- United States citizen at time of hire
- No felony convictions
- Physically fit and medically cleared
- Pass a psychological exam
- Pass an intense background investigation
- Additional requirements will be posted on the exam notice
Visit our Jobs module to check for employment listings.